What are Bree’s go-to 80’s songs?
You’re in Totally 80’s, and I can guarantee you are going to hear the best 80’s tunes for sure. However, most of the requested songs are pretty mainstream. Below is a list of artists we commonly get requests for, in no particular order.
2. Def Leppard
4. Cyndi Lauper
7. David Bowie
8. George Michael
9. Duran Duran
10. Bon Jovi
All great artists and bands, but there is so much 80’s goodness out there which wasn’t considered mainstream. New Wave, Dark Wave, etc., there is so much music we missed in the 80’s depending on where we lived in the country.
Below, in no particular order, are the first 20 songs that come to my mind when I think totally awesome 80’s tunes.
1. Depeche Mode – I Feel You
2. Tears for Fears – Pale Shelter (Listen to the extended version if you can!)
3. Prefab Sprout – Appetite
4. Simple Minds – Love Song (peppy not sappy!)
5. Midnight Oil – I know you know Beds are Burning, but check out The Dead Heart
6. The Plimsouls – How Long Will It Take
7. The Cure – Cut Here
8. Blue Murder – Jelly Roll
9. The Go Betweens – Streets of Your Town
10. The Monroes – What Do All the People Know
11. Ministry – Effigy
12. Suicidal Tendencies – Institutionalized (I was just thinking you know, why don’t you get me a Pepsi)
13. Idle Eyes – Tokyo Rose
14. Les Enfants – Shed a Tear
15. Gene and Jim Are Into Shakes – Shake
16. Aztec Camera – Somewhere In My Heart
17. Boom Boom Room – Love Your Face
18. Adam Ant – Puss ‘n Boots
19. Thomas Dolby – The Devil is an Englishman
20. Scary Thieves – Dying in Vain
With a shoutout to the Pogues for “Fairytale in New York.” A Christmas song for sure, but I’ll listen to it any time.
There are just SO many great 80’s tunes out there! Check out my list, come by and request the songs, etc. I hope I’ve brought up some you forgot, and perhaps some you will be learning of for the first time.
I’ll add to this list in a future post. What are some songs you remember that you think others might not? Let us know!